Mystery flat

FenderBender

I just got 4 new tires on my truck a few months ago and yesterday I went out to pick the kids up from school and had a completely flat tire. I took it in to get repaired and they couldn't even find a hole or anything stuck in it. Has this every happened to you?

vroombaby

I have never had that issue myself but my spouse is very picky with the types of tires we put on our autos. Did you maybe get a different brand that you are not used to and maybe its from a faulty line?

Guy

If the tires are relatively new, maybe they are still under warranty and you could request a replacement so as to avoid any future problems with it.

FenderBender

Vroom, it is the same brand I always buy and I have never had an issue with them before. I am thinking I must have just ran something over but it was nuts.

FiveSpeed

Have the shop where you bought the tires at, check the valve stem on the bad tire. I had the same issue with my car...tire kept going flat with no apparent reason, wound up being a bad valve stem.

SpeedyG

Thankfully, I have never experienced such a tire problem. I bet it was a bad valve stem too. I have experienced such problems with motorcycle tires sometimes.

FenderBender

I will definitely have them check it out. I would hate for it to happen again. I never even thought about checking the valve stem.

DMan

Yup, my wife had the same problem with her car. She had slow leaks that the tire shop was never able to fix. The dealership eventually ponied up for new rims. Turns out the old ones were defective.

Alexus

Could it have a slow leak? Either way, if they are new, they may have a warranty and you can take them back. They are obviously defective.