Mystery flat

FenderBender

My truck is really not liking me this month because along with the fuel pump going out a few weeks ago, I also got a flat tire for no apparent reason the other day. When I took it to the shop, they said their was a hole in the sidewall. The tire was only about a year and a half old for goodness sakes! $85 and a new tire later I am really starting to get irritated with it. Hopefully nothing else breaks on it.

Paul

With all the junk on the road these days, it's no wonder you have a flat. I occasionally pick up a nail and haven't been anywhere different to get it. Just be glad you didn't have a blow out on the interstate.

Ergal

FenderBender, every flat is a mystery. I once found my tires slashed, for no apparent reason. I think the kids in my area pulled a prank but it really wasn't funny at all.

Hotrod25

Ouch! Another repair to your vehicle. You have had bad luck lately! I can't believe someone slashed your tire. Not funny at all! I would have been so darn mad.

bobc

So the shop had no idea how the tire went flat. Wow it is a mystery then! Usually they can pinpoint something that caused the problem. I once ran over a nail and I have seen a tire with glass in it too.

FenderBender

No the shop couldn't find a reason for the hole. I am very irritated about it but what else can I do but fix it and hope it doesn't happen again.