Next checkup

vroombaby

It has been a while and I figure before the year is out I should take the car in and get her checked out. How many others have this planned, where are you going that has a reasonable rate?

sharky

I took the suggestion that someone made about asking around about any out of work mechanics. I was able to find one who had decided to start his own garage with another out of work mechanic. They have the best deals for stuff like that.

vroombaby

I am trying to stay away from the large retail type chains, most end up raising prices during the summer months. You realize it once the car dealerships start to have their "summer sales" then repair places tend to jack their prices up.

coup

You make a really good point. I think the only exception to that rule is to get on their mailing lists and wait until they mail you a coupon, at least the ones here do that.

philio

I don't bother taking my car in for yearly check ups. I just take it in when I have reason to believe it needs repairs. I get regular oil changes and rotate my tires though.

coup

Yeah, but the coupons I get in the mail only discount the cost to what the full cost used to be before all the prices got jacked up. It really doesn't seem right.

vroombaby

We get a few flyers but most times its only from a place that we have already been to. The last one was from Tire Kingdom when we got everything setup on the car, lucky for us there is no expiry date. ;)