Oh no!! The chime!!

Wildman

I have been having a chime going off in the van for some time now. I can silence it, but it will come back again and again. Every time I slow down or turn or stop, it will start again. I've checked everything I could think of to silence it for good but it just won't quit. It's not the fuel chime or the seat belt chime, and it's not any of the warning lights. It's like trying to calm a colicky kid, it just keeps coming back. Any ideas?

sweetlhs

There may be a short in your wiring or a sensor may have gone bad. I would take it to a mechanic and have it checked out. We had a similar situation and the only solution was to unhook the thing. It'll drive you nuts if you don't get it fixed.

FenderBender

That would be so very annoying to have to deal with that going off all the time. I am going to say it is a computer glitch and you should probably take it in and have it checked to see where the short is.

Wildman

I finally figured out what it is. The power driven middle passenger door has a sensor which is bad, it's worn out. So, in order to get the problem fixed, I have to have that sensor replaced. It's still driving me crazy but as long as I am driving steady, the chime doesn't start.

RoseRed

At least you figured out what's causing it, instead of dealing with a random chime seemingly designed to drive you insane. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon so you don't have to hear it during those times you can't drive at a steady pace.