Pancakes

harleydoll

My dear husband just tried to make pancakes right now. The batter was too thick and they ended up burning. Poor guy, he tries so hard. What is your worst breakfast experience?

Hotrod25

Pancakes are a learned science, I swear. I cannot make them either. I like small thin pancakes and mine always turn out lumpy and thick. I can make any other breakfast item though.

Naptime

I think the trick with pancakes is to trust your instincts when it comes to the batter. I never follow what the package say. I always end up adding more liquid.

I've never had any issues making pancakes, but like Naptime says, I never follow the directions on the package. However, I usually end up with less liquid, not more.

As for my worst breakfast experience, I can't say that I've ever had one at home. We ate at an IHOP one time and the eggs and bacon tasted really bad, but everything I've ever made at home has turned out okay.

FenderBender

I mix my pancakes from scratch so I have never had trouble either. My pancakes are always light and fluffy like they should be. I think the worst thing I have done is overcooked the bacon but it still tasted just fine.

vroombaby

I can not make french toast and my spouse thinks I am batty for it. What can I say, I do not really like it to begin with so why would I master a craft that has no use for me??

harleydoll

I've never had any issues with pancakes either. Of course I didn't tell him that! He made a different breakfast the next morning and it was delicious.

I think certain breakfast foods are just better at a restaurant. Besides pancakes, waffles, coffee and bagels also come to mind as tasting better using professional equipment.

Hotrod25

My hubby can make pancakes and I can't. I can make anything else though. I really do think it's something you have to practice at. Its okay though that he didn't get it right.

Luanne

I gave up making pancakes a long time ago. My husband prefers waffles, and we have a waffle maker, so that's what we have when we start craving pancakes. Either that or we head to the nearest breakfast house.