People with no business being on motorcycles. . .

NeedNewWheels

Sometimes I see people on motorcycles that appear to have no business being on one. They are terrible at steering and they just don't look confident enough to be handling the vehicle. Basically, that's how I would look on a motorcycle. They are scary to be driving near, especially on the freeway. Do you see people like that?

vroombaby

I think the practice before driving a bike should be at least double what it is for a car. Many people are like that on bikes in our area too, and do not get me started on the scooter people. Ugh, its truly an accident waiting to happen.

Lamboguy

Well the thing I don't get about people on bikes is that they seem to always have to go 30mph faster than everyone else on the highway. I wonder if they realize that one mess up and a wipe out means they are probably going to die. Too risky for me.

NeedNewWheels

Yep, I know what both of you mean. I have seen a motorcycle wreck happen right in front of me on the freeway. Careless guys on bikes were weaving in and out of traffic. One guy changed lanes right into a car in the fast lane.

SpeedyG

I have grown up racing motocross and riding motorcycles, so I am quite confident and comfortable on a bike. However, too many people buy a motorcycle with no idea of how to ride one. I almost hit a lady the other day who stalled the bike because she didn't know how to work the clutch. Just an accident waiting to happen.

Alexus

I know we are supposed to look out for motorcycles and pedestrians, but I agree - sometimes motorcyclists can be so reckless, that it is really hard to avoid hitting them. It can be very frustrating!

Hotrod25

I do see people like that from time to time. I do agree that people always start off as beginners but you need to be careful when you are riding a bike. I try to stay clear of these drivers.

DMan

My son rides motocross which is a pretty dangerous sport. But I still think he's safer than a lot of the people I see riding around on street bikes. You don't get a second chance if you have a collision with a car or truck.

MaximumSpeed

The thing is, some states (like mine) do not require *any* practice. To get a motorcycle license here, you only have to pass a written test.

PEZluvr

Motorcycles scare me. I wouldn't want to drive one and I see too many people that get into really bad accidents with them. I know two people personally who lost kids or grandkids to motorcycle wrecks.