Performance and MPG

jumpinjacks

I have worries about improving the performance of my car. Some of the fun improvements seem like they will cause less gas efficiency. Still I want to have fun. What things can I do without causing that?

sharky

Well you could replace the heads and cams without ruining your MPG too much, in fact, you might even improve it. There are a lot of ways to **** your ride without sacrificing mileage.

jumpinjacks

I figured as much. I do not have a Honda CRV but they are made for performance and MPG and you can mod them to make them better. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

coup

You can. I don't know what kind of car you have but MOPAR has some good parts for performance these days, if you have a Dodge you could check them out and see if they have anything you like.

jumpinjacks

I will check out their parts. I still do not even have a project picked out though. It is not easy to figure out which performance parts do not lose you MPG.

HANG

Unless you're replacing your engine with a V12, you really don't have to worry about upgrades ruining your MPG that much. You could consider supercharging your car, but it should be accompanied by a muffler upgrade or an air intake upgrade to make up for the lost MPG.