performance and MPG

ginger

I would like to do a few performance things to my mini van (don't laugh) but I was always under the impression that it would lower my gas mileage. Is there any type of performance work that I can have done with out interfering with my gas millage?

highbeam

I do not know about doing performance things to my car but I know that I have to conserve gas and so I make sure that I do not leave the car on IDLE and I do not do unnecessary accelerations. Doing so burn a lot of gasoline. So learn to cruise whenever you can.

chillen

I have never done this myself, but I would call some local shops and let them know what you are thinking. See what they have to sy, gather a list, Google it and research as much as possible. Check with all regarding their prices and see from that if its worth doing on your own or not.

Fanbelt

What kind of performance improvement do you plan? Do you simply want your car run faster or do you plan other things? Anyway, I think any improvement you plan will affects the gas mileage a bit. The question is that it's still affordable or not.

Alan

I have never done anything to my own car by myself. I would be worried I would somehow mess it all up, and it would just be bad all around.

Weezer

It really depends upon what you want to do. There are a lot of mods that won't affect the MPG but you have to watch what you do. I used to have a mini-van (believe it or not) that had turbo and it was really great on gas mileage. It would flat out accelerate too. I loved that van.