Performance chips

UGoGirl

What can you tell me about performance chips? I have heard about these devices, but I don't know much about them. Do they really help that much? What about cost?

Max

I'm not real big on them. I looked into them a little. It's basically a chip installed with a hand held device that lets you change various factory settings.

Marvin

When I looked into the possibility last winter, the cost was something like almost $1100 dollars. With that kind of cost, it would take awhile for improved gas mileage to offset the cost. I'd steer clear.

HANG

It's sort of like buying solar panels on your house. They'll pay off after about 10 years. Think about it, is that worth it or not? To me, nope.

janesmith

hey guys thanks for this information..seems like this will help me to solve my problem and also helpful information..u all made it very easy to solve my problem..:)

Thank you

Leslie

Wow. Most cars these days don't stay with one owner for ten years, so that would be pretty pointless! Seems like your best bet to improve performance is to keep your car well maintained. :)

Donald

It's sort of like buying solar panels on your house. They'll pay off after about 10 years. Think about it, is that worth it or not? To me, nope.
I think most of us would agree that it's clearly not worth getting a performance chip at that rate of savings. It's an interesting idea though. If it would pay off after a few years, I could see it being a decent investment. Is it possible that they will ever get to that point with these?