Pets in cars?

MiniVanMommy

I don't think this has been discussed, but what do you do about dog hair in the car? It's such a pain to get out, but the dog has to go to the vet and park. I thought putting down a mat and a blanket would contain the hair, but it's still everywhere.

Auto_Clueless

I am not a pet hair, and with your question, I have found another reason why I don't one want. I definitely wouldn't know what to do with all the hair in the car. I guess it would mean more vacuuming.

Chevy_Lover

This is a really big problem if you don't have leather seats. What do people really do in these situations? We don't have a dog either, but I wouldn't want dog hair all over my clothes on my way to work.

Adam12

I have a long haired Chihauhau/Yorkie mix that loves to go with me in the car. I love her so much, she's like family, so who cares if she gets hair on the car seats. That's what they make vacuums for.

Eugene

I crate my two dogs in the back of my pick up. They are not allowed inside the cab. We have a pet barrier screen in the SUV, and they are restricted to the cargo area.

MaximumSpeed

I recommend crating in the car, too. But if you would rather not, it seems like a lint brush (or a roll of duct tape, used a piece at a time to stick to the hair and pull it off) would go a long way toward cleaning it up.

Always2gether

My dog does a really great job in the car. She just kinda sits there by the window with her head out and then she will always get up in the driver's seat whenever we get out of the car haha.

Sadie

I've always been really lucky when it comes to animals in my car. I only had trouble with a friends' dog once, it was a Chihuahua and it was crazy. Luckily, we had a kennel with us haha!

gc856723

The only experience I've had with animals in my car is, well, my cat. Not much can be said about him, since he's always in a kennel lol Other friends with dogs haven't had any problems with the old blanket routine. It's what my girlfriend did, and I never saw any dog hair in her car after trips.

CharlieBrown

I travel around in an R.V. for about 9 months out of the year. If it weren't for my animals, I'd be a very lonely man. I have 2 Shihtzu's and a parrot that keep me company, and I love having them in my R.V.

ChevyColorado

They make something called a dog hammock that you can get at big pet stores. It protects the seats and keeps them from getting on the floorboards. It's a really interesting thing, my wife and I have one and it works great.