Popularity of motorcycles

Luanne

We just came back from a two-week long camping event where there were around 5,000 people, most of whom were camping. I couldn't believe how many motorcycles were there, too. Part of the popularity has to be due to the smaller size and gas savings. People were really enjoying those choppers out in the fields. They were everywhere we went.

Tony

There's a sense of freedom that comes with riding a motorcycle that you can't get with a car. Not sure how to describe it but it's just plain fun!

spaz

Motorcycle use and purchase always goes up when the gas prices are up or the economy tanks. The savings on gas consumption is amazing but the purchase price and the insurance are also a lot cheaper.

vroombaby

We have seen a ton of bikes out these ways over the past few weeks as well, even a couple of tri's going on. Not sure if there was a biker event this weekend for the holiday or not, but there have been more than I may have ever seen in the past few years that's for sure.

Tony

I know for me, I kind of get "cabin fever" because I have to keep my bike locked up during the winter because of lousy weather. So when the weather is nice, first chance I get, I'm out for a ride.

vroombaby

I know a few people that tried the off/on winter deal and ended up relocating to another area to avoid having to deal with harsh winters. A buddy of mine loves to rub it in when he is talking to my husband on the phone too, makes me think one day we might end up moving again.

Motorcycles seem very impractical to me. Not only are you at a much great risk of death just for driving the darn thing, you have weather to contend with and a lack of space to carry any goods! I guess if you were a single bachelor without a lot of distance to cover, one would be okay...

CharlieBrown

Seems like the nicer the weather is, the more bikes you see. It's been very warm, almost hot where I live, and probably 30% of the traffic on the main highway is motorcycles. I would love to have one, but at the current time, I just don't have the money.