Portion control

FenderBender

I am in the process of trying to re-acclimate my body to regular size portions and it is a real struggle. I am cranky right now as my body adjusts and I am still hungry after most meals. I am hoping that this phase passes quickly though.

Jaycee

It is hard to actually eat the right portions, when everything is portioned out so large! I have actually seen serving sizes on foods that state there are two servings. I always eat the whole thing, because who is going to eat half a candy bar or drink half of a drink? I congradulate you on your healthy choice, and I am sure once your body adjusts, you will not be so hungry. I think you just have to wait a little while, untill your stomach shrinks.

vroombaby

I think somewhere along the line many people got a new idea of what a proper portion actually is and just went with it, I know I did. In the past year I have dropped almost 50lbs and for me that is a great deal. I was always "too thin" as far as others were concerned but that all changed after my recent job swap, now I am working to get back into a better shape and for me the number one big issue has been portions.

Naptime

I agree most people have no idea what a proper portion size is. A serving of cereal is not whatever fits in the bowl, for most cereals it is 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. Vroom that is a great deal of weight to lose congrats! I lost 80 awhile back and I have never looked back.

FenderBender

You guys are all right, portion sizes, especially at most restaurants are enormous. They give you enough food for 2-3 people and most of the time one person eats it. I am doing much better today but I have also worked a lot in the yard and around the house so I have earned some extra calories.