Pumpkins and festivals

Hotrod25

Bring them on! I am ready for Fall! I can't wait for my pumpkins to start to turn orange. I can't wait for the mums to start to bloom! I love fall festivals too. I'm ready for an end to the heat, can't you tell?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I just planted my "warm" fall garden. That includes pumpkins and gourds. A little late but I should have some for Halloween.

Hotrod25

Wow, that is late isn't it? Pumpkins seem to take a long time to grow. At least here they do. I know you are in Florida and I'm in NY so it's a huge weather difference.

RoseRed

Yes, pumpkins can take quite awhile to grow, but maybe he has time. I love fall as well; it's my favorite season by far! It seems like it’s been a very long summer.

smash

Yeah to pumpkins and gourds! I am ready for fall too. I love summer but I love the cooler nights. I also love craft festivals and they are in the fall here. I love pumpkin pie and Halloween.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that is late isn't it? Pumpkins seem to take a long time to grow. At least here they do. I know you are in Florida and I'm in NY so it's a huge weather difference.
Yeah it is. I just finally got time to do it though. It should have been in the ground last month. August is the time to plant pumpkins here.

smash

It is late here where I am too. If I planted now it would be snowing prior to the pumpkins being ready. Good luck Jason! Today it certainly feels like fall - low 70s!

Hotrod25

If I planted in August they would not be ready until well after Halloween. Yes, good luck Jason with your late planting. I went to the first high school football game over the last weekend. High school football screams fall to me too.