Rain-X

RapidRon

Has anyone used this product before? I have heard that it has great results. I will be traveling a couple hundred miles in a few weeks and was thinking of giving this a try before I leave.

07Silverado

I haven't ever used the compound Rain-X that gets rubbed onto the windshield before. However the last time I purchased windshield washer fluid I bought the Rain-X brand and I loved it. I was making a road trip and it started raining. Everyone's wipers were going full tilt on the highway while I barely needed to use mine. The best part was applying it is as simple as spraying the windshield from the drives seat.

MaximumSpeed

Rain-X is awesome! Now, there is one sort of windshield whose coating causes it to stay foggy, from what I've heard, though I haven't experienced that myself. Windshield wipers are pretty much obsolete when Rain-X is on there!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I tried it when it first came out. Left a film back then on the window. I have heard they changed the formula to keep that from happening, but I just put a coat of wax on the windows instead.

KC23

I love Rain-X! I've been using it for years. Definitely try it out, it's a great product. I love the no-touch car washes that have the Rain-X final spray too.

Road_Runner

I have used it a few times. However, it was a pain in the neck to apply it. You need to make sure the windshield is clean and dry. The foggy happens most of the time even if you are following the instructions. In my view, even with the headache to apply the results when it rains is worth it.

Always2gether

I personally love Rain-X and I can't imagine there are people that can live without it. When our windshield wipers were broken for a while, we had to only use this product and it worked amazingly!:smile:

Adam12

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Rain-X myself. When applied properly (according to directions), it's an awesome product. You don't even need to use your wipers if you're going above 20 MPH. The faster you go, the better it sheets the rain off your windshield.

TBird65

There is also an all natural compound made of plant extracts called "Natures Green Magic" that is supposed to be awesome. You can supposedly also use it to wash and wax your entire car without water. I'll let you know when I try it out.

vroombaby

I have used this stuff for years and I have to say after trying other brands nothing comes close to the fluid. Never go from RainX to the cheap stuff you will totally regret it.