Rear ended....again

FenderBender

I seriously am beginning to think that my truck is cursed. In 5 years, I have been rear ended 3 times. The first time I was in a gas station parking lot in park waiting to move up in line when someone came flying in and crashed into my truck. I filed a claim with my insurance company and got it fixed. A few months later, I backed into a post and damaged it again. A few months ago, I was stopped in the road because the person in front of me was turning left in heavy traffic when someone decided they didn't have to stop and slammed into me. I finally got the bumper replaced last month and then yesterday on my way home from work, I was at a stop sign waiting to turn left when someone else slammed into me. What the heck?

smash

Are you kidding me? That is just crazy! You must have a "hit me sign" on the back bumper. I would trade that truck in and get something else - maybe the next vehicle won't be a bumper banger!

vroombaby

I thought I was cursed for a while too. At the store one day shopping for a weekly trip and I came out with a full cart to see someone did a hit and run on me, no one saw a thing! Next time, same store people who decide to not put the buggies back with high winds and two of them slammed into the same side that was damaged previously.

Flash forward about a year later after those were fixed and I was leaving my husbands work, stopped completely at a stop sign and waited longer than normal. Pulled forward through a 45MPH road (that goes into a railroad wait area) and was hit by a teen. As soon as her mother came we just exchanged the mother worried face, no one was hurt but wow. All of these things happened on the drivers side too, poor car, I bought it years ago, it will not be a trade in. And the kicker, this is the only vehicle I have never shared with anyone.

FenderBender

The best part is that there was no damage to my vehicle this time because they put their vehicle into the hitch. However, now it is at the shop because the fuel pump went out.

Last edited:

j.parks

Oh wow, sounds like both of you have had some bad luck. I'm curious though, has your insurance rates gone up any? Usually it does even if most of them weren't your fault.

FenderBender

No, it hasn't because I only submitted one claim to my insurance company, not all 3. My SO says it is because I stop too fast and I asked him to explain what that has to do with it when I was at a complete stop at a light or stop sign all 3 times.

sweetlhs

You are extremely lucky there was no damage to your truck fenderbender.
Trucks are just tough vehicles. I had a Z34 once that had that same sign on the back. "Hit Me." Three times I was rear ended within a couple of months. No damage, no injuries. That's the best part.