Renting a car

Bridey

If you ever rent a car for a trip or whatever do you usually go for something different to the car you own and drive most of the time?

Gomera

I have on occasion, but actually not by choice. What I mean is that I usually just choose from what they offer me and sometimes that choice is different from my normal ride. It makes it special.

HondaMan

It just depends on what they give me. There's classes of cars (compact, midsize, etc.) and you usually have to choose from one of those classes, not the actual car

Fanbelt

It depends on the availability of the cars. I have no issue renting and driving a different car from what I normally drive. I like challenges. :)

abba

Hi Bridey! Renting a car that happens to be similar to what you own is a bonus. I usually rent a car because I either need a bigger one or a smaller one. The purpose for which I intend to use the car dictates what type and size car I would look for.

Bridey

Interesting replies, thanks for answering. I thought more people would say they take the opportunity to upgrade for a rental. Maybe that's just me! (Most of my friends prefer something similar to their current car.)

Last edited:

Tabby

The last time I rented, all I said I needed was a heater and a CD player. I let them do the rest. :smile:

My brother ALWAYS tells them EXACTLY what he wants - stick shift, GPS, such and such make, model, blah blah blah. I am so embarrassed to even be at the counter with him, I usually just tell him I'll see him when he's done, then go sit on a bench a long ways away. :eek:hwell:

Byker

I don't know why anyone would be that particular about a rental car, but I do like the part about a stick-shift. I've only had to rent a car once and I went in and took the cheapest rental they had. I couldn't see spending the money on upgrades. I was just going to have it for one day.