Repainting

Byker

I have an older truck that I'm fixing up and it needs a fresh paint job. I want it to look nice, but it doesn't have to be perfect. I'm thinking about doing it myself. What steps would I need to take and what equipment would I need?

Quite honestly, this may be more of a job than you think, so I would advise that you have an "off beat" firm paint it for you instead of going through all that and having it look much worse than someone who does that regularly. Just my opinion....been there and tried that.

hotrodSteve

I tried to paint an old car once. There's more to getting it right than you'd think. I agree with Tumbleweed on this one. Getting a pro, or at least someone with some experience, is the way to go.

Byker

I figured it might be better to have someone experienced paint it, but thought I'd ask. Thank you for the advice. I'll start looking for someone to paint it. Do they always put a primer coat on?

MyMotor

Yeah I agree too-it's really hard. Even doing just a small area, such as a panel that has had to be repaired is very hard. Doing the entire car would be impossible.

Now if you got a spray gun instead of using cans you would have a better chance-but the cost would be huge.