Replacing the Tires

I had no idea how expensive tires are until we started looking for a new set. The least expensive price I've come across for the tires I need is $85/tire. How much do your tires cost you?

striker

That sounds about right. The cheapest around here are about $60 from Wal-Mart. I don't trust Wal-Mart with my car now, though; maybe in my younger years.

FenderBender

That sounds about right for a tire these days. Mine cost me about $400 last time I replaced them all. It really sucks that they are so expensive. I remember when I could get a set of 4 for around $100 total, not per tire.

MaximumSpeed

They are pretty expensive. I have a place here that I use that does "pull-offs" - slightly used tires at a reduced rate. I pay about $35-$40 per tire with those, but it's a toss-up. The last one I got there was messed up and I think it messed up the bearings in that corner.

CharlieBrown

One of the reasons is that tire sizes are so much larger these days than they were back then. I remember the little Metro I used to drive had 155/60/12's on it. Nowadays, those twelve inch tires are saved for the lawn mowers almost.

Luanne

Tire expense

It wouldn't be quite so bad if everything else on a car didn't keep breaking all the time. I spend more money on repairs for all sorts of things I didn't used to have to fix on my cars. Nothing on them lasts these days, even if you buy a new car to start with.