"Scooter" Car

RoseRed

I live in an area with a lot of tourists, and a local place rents what they call "scooter cars". They are little tiny two seaters with no top and look to be about the size of bumper cars. Shockingly, they are street legal. I saw one yesterday pull out in front of an SUV and they were lucky the SUV hit the brakes because otherwise the tourists would have been obliterated.

Paul

That's what I think of the smart cars too. In fact, the smart cars are probably safer than your scooter car. Around here we have motorcycle scooters that folks ride on the highway. No license tag and mainly a pain to navigate around. People are crazy to ride these things and the scooter cars.

Ergal

Oh, those tiny vehicles (if you can call them that) are awful. They are not safe at all, not to mention whoever drives those are usually really bad drivers.

bobc

I've seen those cars when we were on vacation. I don't ever see them around here though. Its a wonder the SUV hit their brakes. I wouldn't want to be driving anything that small out on the main road!

FenderBender

I would not want to drive anything that small. They are just dangerous. I am glad that the SUV had good breaks and that the driver was paying attention to the road. Not everyone does.

RoseRed

That's what I think of the smart cars too. In fact, the smart cars are probably safer than your scooter car. Around here we have motorcycle scooters that folks ride on the highway. No license tag and mainly a pain to navigate around. People are crazy to ride these things and the scooter cars.
Yes, I'm sure the smart cars are safer. They are enclosed and much larger than the scooter cars. Still, I think I'd be nervous in the smart cars too; they look like glorified golf carts to me, not "real" cars.