Sea Foam

Rodney

After letting my '93 Pathfinder sit on an almost empty tank for too long, I had trouble getting it to run right. It started, but ran like a dog. A friend suggested using the Sea Foam additive because I was thinking the gas tank might have gotten some junk in it. Sure enough, it fixed the problem in a jiffy.

cruising

Sea Foam is new to me

I've never heard of Sea Foam, but if it improves the car's performance and you recommend it, I may look out for it the next time I'm in the automotive shop. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Skippy

I have never used Sea Foam specifically but I have used fuel system cleaners before. I may have to give this one a look. Is it really expensive?

Pete

I love using Seafoam on my car every couple of years. I run it through the oil and in the gas tank to really cleans things out. I also run it through the intake manifold to clean out carbon build up.

Big Al

Works great through the throttle body, too, but it makes the engine spew out a ton of smoke. Do this in an open area and not in a closed garage.

Tony

Never heard of Sea Foam before but I may have to try it out. Is it something that I can pick up at any auto parts store?

Pete

Tony, you can get Sea Foam at any auto parts store. If you can't find it, just ask for it. It'll run about $10 for a 16 ounce can. If you add it to your oil, it'll take about 8 ounces for 5 quarts of oil.

Calvin

My brother had some of this sitting in his garage, and I had no clue what it was. I remember the name because I thought it had something to do with a paint color at first. Thanks for filling in the mystery.

Pete

The thing that I like about Sea Foam is that it really works and it's so versatile. You can add it to your oil or add it to your gasoline or both. It really cleans up engine parts to keep the car running more efficiently.

Rodney

I'm still a huge fan of this stuff. I just bought some the other day and added it to my truck and my wife's truck. It's not that expensive and it could really save you from a big headache down the road (excuse the pun :peace!: ).

Blitzer

That sounds like some really good stuff, I'll have to try it someday. I've been using the STP brand for years though and that works well also.

S

simmi

What I know about the sea foam that its highly responsible For performance. there are three types of it:
1) Regular liquid canned form
2) A spray can form
3) A transmission fluid additive.

keith217

Seafoam really does help a lot. After I do a bit of seafoam on my car ( 3 years or so ) my MPG seems to rise, and my throttle is more responsive. It's a really good bang for the buck for what it'll do for your car and help last. I think it also cleans the O2 Sensors which is great.