Secession

Naptime

I just read where 19 states have started to gather signatures on petitions so that their respective states can peacefully secede from the Union. Really? All this over 1 lost election. I guess now we know what comes of telling everyone they're winners. They don't learn how to lose with grace and dignity.

FenderBender

I read that the other day and I think it is utterly absurd. Texas got the 25,000 votes they needed to present it to the President for comment. I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Oval Office.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Texas has talked about it since 1995. Well, there was a movement for it the 1860's but that was resolved. In 2009 the movement started picking up steam though.

Wildman

Wonder what they would do if they lived in Canada or the UK. I don't think other countries would be as forgiving as ours is. But, everyone has an opinion and that's what I like about the US, you can say anything because it's freedom of speech.

Skippy

I think it is silly to talk about seceding simply because the election didn't go your way. It is just ridiculous and unpatriotic if you ask me. I mean the majority spoke so I say get over it and quit being the problem.

Vroom Vroom

I read online yesterday that 50 states have petitions. I haven't read whether any of them other than Texas have gotten the 25,000 signatures though.

RoseRed

I think the whole fuss is absolutely ridiculous: talk about sore losers! I didn't know Texas had gotten the 25,000 signatures though. Obama must be rolling his eyes so hard they are going to fall out of his head.

JeepCrawl

I am wondering where they are digging up these people? Do they really think that they will have a better chance as Texas, the country? I mean what are they going to do when Mexico decides they want Texas back and wages war on them? Come begging the US for assistance? These people need to get a grip.

smash

Wow that does sound pretty absurd! We, the US would take them back in a heartbeat if they needed help. Grow up people! Obama won fair and square - lets move on.

FenderBender

Oh smash, but according to the GOP he didn't win fair and square. He won by bribing the American voting public with "gifts" like student loan interest forgiveness and access to birth control and health care for the poor and elderly. Wow, imagine that a President that actually wants to do things to make our lives better.