Sort of a trade in??

UGoGirl

I sold my vehicle and it has a different tire size than my old vehicle. I have good snow tires from the old vehicle. When I go to buy snow tires for the new one, is it possible the dealer will take the old ones as sort of a trade in??

striker

Depends on what kind of dealer you go to. Some places will take old tires as a trade-in, some places will charge you a fee to get rid of the tires.

Are the old snow tires used? If so, they probably won't give you any credit for them. Like striker says, they may even charge you to dispose of them. You could try a place that sells used tires though, because they might be willing to give you some cash for the tires if they still have significant tread left.

UGoGirl

I used the tires for only one season. I only put about 2500 miles on them. They are like new. Maybe I should try to sell them myself with an ad in the paper or something.

FenderBender

I would probably try to sell them on Craigslist myself. The tire shops and dealerships usually charge a disposal fee and they won't give you any cash back for them for sure.

MaximumSpeed

I agree; sell them yourself. You will likely get more for them that way than you would be able to get as a trade in, even if they were to take them as a trade, since they would want to make a profit from them.

Naptime

I don't know of any tire shop that gives you money to trade in your tires. Most places where I live don't even sell used tires anymore. If you want to get some money out of them then the only thing to do is sell them yourself.