Speed Or Looks

roller

What do you enhance with your car? Is it the speed that it can have or the looks of it? Which is more important to you and do you spend more on this for your car?

Miata_Matyr

I guess it depends on whether I'd be racing my car on the track or not. I don't race my babies so I guess I would prefer to enhance the look. If the engine runs fine, I don't try to fix what ain't broke.

joyrider05

Wow! It's really hard to answer this because speed and looks are both important for me. If you'll push me to choose one, I'll prefer the speed. I love to drive fast car.

motor

Both are important for me. But realistically, I think the looks outweigh the speed of the car. This is because no matter how fast your ride is you still need to stick to the speed limits.

highbeam

I am NOT a racer so spending much-needed dollars on enhancing speed just is not even a consideration.

On the other hand... I am also a practical person so other than seat covers and air freshener... I do not spend too much on car decor. I just want it to function well and not break down whenever..wherever.

chevygirl

I am not a racer either. When I do go to the track though, I love to see nicely painted, well taken care of cars. I'm not much of an engine girl, so I like to look at cars from the outside.
My car is purple & has a V6, but I love it because it's a beautiful color.

mobilityuser4

I don't go for speed or looks. I go for safety and reliability. The performance I want from the cars I have is to not be weighed done by the heaviness of the equipment. I want to be able to get to 65 on the freeway without people running me down...so that's speed in a way, just not super speed.

sparky

I'd go for a balance. What is the point in having a fast car that looks horrible? I hate cars with square edges prefer smooth rounded edges.

carl

The speed indicates engine performance. What's under the hood will always take priority with me over what the car looks like. I'd rather work good than look pretty.

Slowpoke

The speed indicates engine performance. What's under the hood will always take priority with me over what the car looks like. I'd rather work good than look pretty.
This is the best answer I have read so far. In my line of work, I see people with jazzed up cars and they cannot go anywhere with them because those cars do not run! :heh: