strap for truck

vroombaby

What is the best type of strapping system for the bed of a truck? We always seem to haul stuff and sometimes a bungee just does not cut it. At least for some of the weird things we tend to get.

Guy

There are a variety of tie down products available, many of which don't cost a ton. You might need a cargo net too. That's more expensive, but they do the trick.

FenderBender

My dad has these ratcheting straps and they seem to work pretty well on just about everything. He brings home a lot of oddball stuff too.

SpeedyG

I just use tie-downs. I have multiple sets, because they always come in handy. They are strong and durable, capable of strapping any load down tight.

AWOL

I use ratchet straps for the larger stuff. The nice thing about them is that you can get a custom fit and tighten as much as you need. I asked for a cargo net for Christmas because we bring our own garbage to the dump and no matter how well you pack the back, you never know when something will fly out!

vroombaby

I am thinking a heavy duty cargo net might be the best way to go. We have tried plain straps before but for some stuff (like groceries for example) they are not always the best. I always think a huge gust of wind is going to flip the bags over and something will go flying in the wind.

Alexus

Bungees come in a lot of different sizes. Maybe you should check and see if you can find a bigger one. They work better than anything!