Surviving a tornado - in a truck

Vroooom_1972

I can't imagine being in a tornado, and much less being in a truck or any other vehicle. My prayers go out to all those who have lost so much during these natural disasters.

Craig

That's crazy. I have lived through one tornado, years ago. I was in a bath tub with my momma. I didn't see anything because she all but laid on top of me, with a mattress on top of us. To this day I cannot believe that woman carried a queen mattress to the bathroom to protect us. She's 5'4 and probably 110lbs. She said she doesn't know where the strength came from, but it was to protect her baby, so she knew she didn't have a choice.

I'm rambling, but I know how scary that situation can be. I can't imagine having a front row seat through your windshield.

Donald

The pictures of the destroyed houses at the beginning of the video are devastating. That guy and his girlfriend are pretty lucky, that was a really awful tornado. He was smart to duck down though, and honorable for trying to protect his girlfriend in such a scary moment. I guess at least they weren't in a convertible, or on motorcycles. I doubt they would be as fortunate in those scenarios.

silverfox

Wow. Talk about counting your lucky stars. Ever since seeing the Wizard of Oz (as a kid) I have been terrified of tornados. My son lives in tornado country now and I am always worried about him. Those poor people. Such devastation.

philio

I would have been so terrified, I am glad it wasn't me. That guy must be really brave. He has quite the story to tell.

HANG

This guy is real smart. I think that it is safe to be in a truck rather than just going outside. I know they tell us to find a ditch, but I don't see how a ditch is going to protect me from a tornado! A truck is big and heavy and won't be thrown round.