Texting while driving

Ticking

In 2009, 12 states passed laws on texting, and now a total of 30 states have bans. do you think more states should crack down on this? Why, or why not?

moxilli

Texting while driving is a horrible thing to do. I think every single state should crack down on this. I think texting is very dangerous and I promise it causes more crashes then people know about.

vayacondios

I've been seeing new commercials that resemble the anti-drug campaigns against texting while driving; I'm sure the number of accidents caused by it are higher than recorded due to people not admitting that they were texting when the crash happened.

Trucker12

YES... there are too many crazy drivers out there already who don't pay attention to the roads. Texting should not be done when driving. I don't want someone hitting me because they are trying to text.

Count me as one who thinks texting while driving should be against the law in every state. When one does this, quite frankly, I think they are a little short in the brains department to think this is O.K.

sandis

I would love for this to happen but I would also love for it to be all cell phones too, including those which cops use even the little walkie talkie types. I have read too many issues where someone has gotten into a wreck because of it, seems stupid to take your eyes off the road for any reason.

fiat500

Texting while driving is too dangerous. It should be banned everywhere. Even calling should be limited if not banned. I think drivers should come to complete stop if they want to use their phone unless they are lost in a traffic or something emergency.

breakpad

Read this article about texting and driving and it will really scare you.

"A comparative study of texting while driving vs drunk driving statistics published in a leading car magazine in the United States revealed that texting while driving is even more dangerous than drunk driving."

I can not believe is not illegal already. Texting and driving is going to injure a lot of people and take peoples lives. And for what?

Fanbelt

It makes sense that texting while driving is more dangerous than drunk driving. I think all states should crack down on this. Even if it's not banned, no body with a brain would not do that.