That New Car Smell

Paul

I've been shopping for a used car this past month and everyone I have test driven has had that "new car smell." What do the dealerships use to get that smell. Is there a spray like that or a cleaning solution. Anyone know?

Taylor

New car smell

When you have your car washed the next time, ask that they use the new car smell fragrance instead of any of the other ones. It's the only fragrance I allow them to spray into my cars.

Donnie

I agree. All the fragrances are just so artificial, but I really like the new car smell one. When we get a new car, we like to see just how long we can make that smell last. Sooner or later it fades away. It's nice to be able to add a little of it back.

Geared

I think that "new car" smell is just the smell of all the materials in the car as it comes off the assembly line. I'm sure they treat everything,like the upholstery, leather, etc with something that gives it all the smell that it does.

They actually make air fresheners with that "new car" scent. Are you familiar with the air fresheners that look like little pine trees? You can find them almost everywhere, and one of the scents they sell is called "New Car".

Opal

That's great to know. I'm headed into town today for some shopping. I think I'll look for that "new car smell" spray. That'll encourage me to clean my car out this afternoon and start the new year off right.