The booster seat

vroombaby

Since our youngest started school this week they advise all parents to have car and booster seats on the right side of the vehicle for loading & unloading in the drop off area. I have never known a parent to put the seat on that side of the car before, am I just crazy here or what?

RoseRed

I have car seats on both sides of the car, one in each captain's chair. I'm puzzled by your statement; what is so odd about a seat or booster on the right side of the car?

vroombaby

I guess the people I know always felt better having the child on the same side of the car as them? For me I am still getting used to it but at least now I can get her in the car and still reach around to help with the seat belt if she gets it caught up (happens at least twice a week).

RoseRed

Oh, I see. Well, when we had just one child we had a smaller car and the carseat pushed up against the front seat. We ended up putting her on the right side from the beginning, behind the passenger seat, because my husband couldn't drive comfortably with the driver seat pushed forward. So I guess to me, the idea of not having them on the right side seems peculiar. ;)

FenderBender

I have them on both sides of my car as well but I wouldn't feel weird choosing one side over the other. It makes sense to put them on the side closest to the sidewalk if they are getting out alone.

Hotrod25

I always put the car seat on the drivers side. I see their point - it would be easier for loading/unloading. But I would keep the seat on my side. I always had the car seat on the drivers side, it just might take a few minutes longer to load.

vroombaby

All of the kids have help with patrols either older kids that volunteer or teachers, the system works great most days. So far I have only had two hectic days and both were due to other drivers not following the pick up & drop off suggestions given by the school.

Calvin

I remember all those switching out car seats as we brought up our 4 grandnieces and grandnephews. We are a close family and go on lots of family outings. I'm taking them all to the beach this week, and it's wonderful now that the youngest is totally out of a car seat.