They're making it so hard

Rodney

Car manufacturers are making it harder and harder to service your own vehicles. My first truck was a '58 Chevy and that thing was so easy to work on! I knew where everything was under the hood and I did all repairs and upgrades myself. Now I need a special tool just to change the spark plugs on my current vehicle.

vroombaby

Even being a female I can still only do some of the stuff. I can tell you though I would much rather have to replace the timing belt on a Nissan truck than deal with the serpentine belt on my car. The darn thing pinches every single time and that is a simple task!

Marcus

This is a classic example of "they don't make 'em like they used to." Some makes and models do have things positioned in odd places these days. Can it be done? Sure. Does it take at least twice as long as it used to? Yup.

Hotrod25

I agree! My dad complains about this all the time. With so many new electronics and boards in the newer vehicles it is almost impossible to fix your own. Shame on them! Then again newer technology is supposed to mean better cars.

Calvin

Planned obsolescence has made it into every nook and cranny of man's existence. They want us to "consume, consume, consume," as Huxley so aptly put it. It's as bad as the advertisers who pop up everywhere.

RoseRed

Yes, it's very annoying, but I don't really know what else we can do. They have us over a barrel on this one and they know it. :(

Marcus

Yes, it's very annoying, but I don't really know what else we can do. They have us over a barrel on this one and they know it. :(
I agree. We can talk about it and complain about it, but it's just going to keep getting worse as newer technology comes on the scene. It won't be long before we're all flying around like The Jetson's.

Calvin

Making it so hard

They indeed do have us over a barrel. We don't have mass transportation, and that's not going to happen. The geographic differences won't let us take to our bicycles or feet in most cases. The only other solution in sight is to start building neighborhood communities with everything conveniently located within golf cart, walking or biking distance.