Time For The Chevy Aveo To Be Replaced

FiveSpeed

The Chevrolet Aveo hasn't acquired a lot of fans over the past several years. The Korean-built car hasn't been the most reliable, the most fuel-efficient or the most user-friendly. Add that to it's miserable little five-speed transmission, and it's a car everyone would love to hate.

Now bring in the Aveo's replacement....the Chevy Sonic. The Sonic is (hooray) made in America and it tons better than the Aveo it replaces. There's a choice of two engines, one that downright makes it a pocket rocket. And there's more that makes it a better can than the Aveo.

Check out the Sonic at www.chevrolet.com/sonic. It's actually a cute little car!

NeedNewWheels

When I was looking for my Focus I actually considered getting an Aveo. I guess I'm glad that I didn't now but I was seriously thinking about it. I really liked the look of the car at the time. I'm glad I got my Focus though. It's a great little car.

Guy

When we sold our Trail Blazer because we no longer needed a second vehicle, the salesman showed us an Aveo. We were open to finding a bargain on a "town runner" but you couldn't pay me to drive an Aveo.

FiveSpeed

Yeah, there are tons better choices than the Aveo. Namely, the Yaris, the Fit, the Accent, the Rio, the Versa. The Aveo has been a bad choice ever since it first came out on the market. Time will tell what kind of car the Sonic is going to be.

NeedNewWheels

I did not know that the Aveo had such a bad reputation. Why is that? Is it just put together badly or are there just a lot of known issues?

FiveSpeed

I did not know that the Aveo had such a bad reputation. Why is that? Is it just put together badly or are there just a lot of known issues?
Wheels, you really should subscribe to Consumer Reports. The Aveo has been a joke almost from the time it first came out. It's Korean-built, incredibly slow, has a rubbery shifter, loud engine and, being such a small car, it doesn't even get very good gas mileage. There are much better choices than the Aveo.

Alexus

I had also always heard that the Aveo was a good car. I guess it all depends on who you talk to. I should also pay more attention to Consumer Reports, I suppose!