Time to get a new car

Wini

Is there a specific point where you say "Okay, it's time to get a new car"? I start to get wary of my car when it hits the 100,000 mark and I start to consider getting something new.

chillen

Overall what type of shape is your car in? It does have a good many miles on it, but how does it run, are you taking care of it? What issues have you had?

My neighbor has a truck that I swear is older than I am, its not his daily driver but it is still in amazing shape for its age.

Dodge Doll

I never buy new, the depreciation just kills me.

I'll buy an ex-lease or rental, or a domestic driver that's done highway time, that's a year or two old.

I won't buy new.

jumpinjacks

My car has 150k Miles on it and still runs like a dream. I drive a car until it dies. I only give up if I have had to have 3 consecutive repairs over 200k. Even then I still buy used.

Wini

Overall what type of shape is your car in? It does have a good many miles on it, but how does it run, are you taking care of it? What issues have you had?
I try to take care of it the best I can but there are definitely some issues with it. Right now I'm at 120k and it has a pretty rough idle. It also constantly needs little jobs - a spark plug here and there.

I won't buy new.
I don't buy new either. I guess I should have specified in my post, not 'brand new' but 'new to you'. I prefer something with a few miles under its wheels.

HANG

I buy new all the time. After the 100 mark on newer cars (1980+) it's time to get rid of it. Pass it on to a teenager in the family or something for a reduced price.