Tips For Saving Gas

liebe911

Here are some of the tips for saving gas , its my own findings :D , i have tested that in the long run it would certainly save gas.

1. Brakes - Applying the brakes at the right time helps to save a good amount of Gas. You can easily gain about 15% of the lost gas.

2. Manual Shifting- It would be the wise choice to have rather than automatic, which helps in considerably in saving gas.

3. Always keep the car moving at constant speeds.

4. Shifting the gears at the right time too helps.

5. Do not over use your clutch pedal.

carcrazy

I had found some useful tips from you thanks liebe911 , i will surely try to implement them in my driving and see if there is any difference for the savings.

darklord

good tips liebe911 !!

One tip from me too, 1. Off the car when at a traffic signal when you have more time to wait.

buyadvice

Even I feel before buying a car you need to go through the driving habits instead going through the car buying tips.

solution

Thanks for the tips mate it really helps. Also switching off the engines in signals will also help in increase saving some fuel.

ford

Saving gas mainly focuses on how u drive the car. The Oils and brakes guts should be changed timely. Avoid bad roads and stop your cars in signals and traffics.

creed

The tips are so useful and i know 5 and 3rd point myself. But thanks for the effort u made to post here.

Henry

Tune the car engine regularly to maintain steady acceleration. Hence the fuel usage will be maintained.

young

Clutch usage should be minimized, try turning off the engine in signals, tune the engine for a better performance.

Fanbelt

Great tips, thanks for sharing. I also go for cars with manual transmission. Driving a manual car also makes me feel like driving a real car. What about engine braking? Is it a kind of saving or instead wasting gas?

chevygirl

My car is already automatic, so only a few of those apply to me. I have been trying like crazy to use my brakes more efficiently, as well as keeping the car pretty constant in its speed. I think that using your windows & AC efficiently can also help.

Slowpoke

One reason why you burn too much gas is because your engine is not in tiptop shape. So my contribution to this is ---- come see me. Just kidding! What I meant was that you go and have your cars subjected to a tune-up to make sure that it is running in prime condition.

ginger

does it make a difference

I am really enjoying all of these tips, saving gas is a must for me. When is the best time to fill up the tank. Is there a point where keeping the level at a certian place saves you gas?

AlabamaAllen

Another thing you can do is not to race to get from green light to green light. If you get stopped at a light, gently accelerate to get to the next light and if you see it's turning red, gently brake instead of slamming on the brakes.

Ottoman

Another one is if you use cruise control, turn it off when taking hills. It goes into overdrive too often to maintain the constant speed.