Tire Air Frustration

RoseRed

My tire pressure warning light came on today, so I stopped to get some air. The first place I went had no power, but I didn't discover that until after I had already put in some quarters. :eek:hwell: I had to go to another place, get change, and then fill the tires. This was all with a toddler and a baby in tow. It was not fun.

On the bright side, my tires are now at proper pressure and I shouldn't have to worry about that for awhile.

smash

I've never had a problem with my tire pressure. My husband checks the pressure often though. We have an air compressor at home if they need air. It stinks that you had to go to 2 different places. Glad you got it fixed though!

RoseRed

Yes, we should really check the pressure more often so we can fill the tires without running late or anything. I wish we had an air compressor at home; that would be very handy!

smash

We use our air compressor all the time. Its a multi purpose tool/machine to have. Maybe I just don't pay attention to the tire pressure because its never been a problem.

leadfoot

Air pressure is very important in order for your tires to wear evenly. The weather has lots to do with this too. I get mine checked with every oil change which includes every season as well.

MarieLynn

We're lucky that we have an air compressor at home too and my hubby is always checking the air in the tires. I can remember trying to use those at the convenient stores before and not working properly. Real bummer.

Ergal

I go check the pressure every 2-3 months or so at my mechanics, especially during winter. From changes in temperature tires can really 'suffer' and this can have a bad impact on your safety. The air pressure is very important.