Tires

03altima

Does anyone know the best place to buy new tires? I've had my car for a couple years now, driven 60,000 miles on it since I bought it, and now I'm past due for a new set of tires.

FenderBender

I buy my tires from Kanrock but I don't know if they have them everywhere. I would just call around and find the best price on what you are looking for from a reputable place.

bjstorm

I'd suggest a dedicated tire shop. You can get tires for cheaper at a department type store, but the quality won't necessarily be as good. We were told that tires made specifically for certain chains are cheaper because they are made with less tread to start with.

03altima

Thanks for that information, bjstorm. I didn't know that tires were made differently for certain chains. I thought all tires were made the same and then bigger chains got better prices on those tires because they bought higher quantities of them than the smaller independent stores. Since that's not the case I'll be re-thinking where I buy my tires from!

Corinne

We go to a place that specializes in tire service. If they do it all day long, and all their employees are trained it doing tires, they should be good at tire service.

03altima

Yeah, but I'm not so much worried about installation, although maybe I should be.. Rather, I'm more worried about the tires themselves, and quite frankly, the price of the tires. (Can we say "budget"?) Anyways, I think I may end up at a specialty shop in the end, since cheaper price seems to be equating to cheaper quality, and while I am strapped for cash, I can't compromise on quality!