TVs in the car

Vroooom_1972

Is it true that there are ways to watch TV on the car. Do you have to subscribe to satellite or cable for your car? I wonder how this works. Although I don't understand why someone would want this.

Chevy_Lover

I don't know how it works, but I would never consider it for our car. Drivers have enough distractions on the road to add another on intentionally.

coup

I think you are supposed to keep the TV's in the back seat. There are many places that sell head rests that can be placed on the front seats. On the back of the headset is a T.V. I am not sure how you hook it up because I don't own one.

Dodge Doll

Not a clue, but I do know that a portable dvd player was in a pal's arsenal for road trips going back almost 10 years now (and they weren't cheap back then).

Those 10 hour road-trips my folks used to haul us on were lessons in patience and self-entertainment; today's kids, well, we make sure they're entertained, even if it means increasing the potential distractions inside the vehicle.

silverfox

My neice drives a suburban with tv's on the back of the front seat headrests. She really loves them, as it keeps her kids quiet and intertained on road trips.
I wish they were around when I was a kid. My dad would of never splurged for them, though.

Lamboguy

I'd like to know how the tv works too, in regards to stations. If I was a passenger in the back, I'd love to have access to a DVD player or a video game system. I have trouble sleeping in cars so I stay up pretty much the whole trip bored out of my mind.

striker

I'm not sure if you can watch cable in the car, but I think you can watch movies. There is a box someone up front that you can change the DVD and it will play movies on the T.V. screens.

Naptime

I have never heard of TV stations in the car either. As far as I know the monitors in vehicles only play DVDs. It might be cool to watch actual TV though.

MaximumSpeed

I believe it's just DVD or games, although with mobile internet becoming more and more available, it's entirely possible that people could use that for watching internet TV in their vehicles.

vroombaby

A friend of mine takes road trips when they come to visit us and they stream shows and movies from his iPad. I have never tried it myself but then again they are a younger bunch of people too, I prefer my eyes on the road. :)

UGoGirl

I just cannot handle the idea of television in the car! If someone wants to watch television, then maybe they belong at home and not on the road.

Vroom Vroom

If they can stream television on airplanes, it seems like they can probably do it in cars. I have been behind several cars lately that have the televisions in the back seat area. My whole childhood might have been different if I had access to one of those! I use to listen to television stations on the radio when we went from Atlanta to Macon!

I don't think watching live TV in a car is possible yet, but like others have said, you might be able to stream some stuff with the latest devices. I always thought getting to watch movies in the car was cool, although my family never had the ability to do this.

Tony

If you have a laptop or a tablet and a data plan you can watch tv shows in the car. Another option is to use a portable dvd player.

Pete

I think it's a great idea especially if there are kids in the car and it's a long rode trip. Kids really are lucky because of technology. It makes it easier for long rides compared to when I was a kid.

Ergal

I have only heard of having a DVD player in your car, but not TV. I suppose you could ask the company in your area if it's possible.

Paul

This is all well and good and all of you are correct. If you can stream satellite radio, you could surely stream movies in a moving vehicle. However, my dad's theory is this. If the kids don't pay attention to where they are going, how will they know how to get there when they are old enough to drive. Good point!