Two seaters?

Calvin

My nephew has just bought a new motorcycle. I've only seen it once, but I swear I think that thing had two seats on it. He says he isn't planning to carry anyone on it and that he bought it to save on gas to and from work. Wouldn't a one-seater be more fuel efficient? Why buy the extra room if you're planning not to use it?

vroombaby

If it has room for a back rider, why not? I have known many people that carpool to work this way, actually for a few years I did with a buddy of mine. Of course I looked like a lollipop on the back but I am tall & slinky, you get the idea.

FenderBender

When it comes down to it, a second seat isn't going to make that much difference on a motorcycle. I don't know what kind it is but if it is a crotch rocket style, I think they almost all come with a backseat these days.

RoseRed

I don't know if having the extra room cost him much. It could be that it's just the way his favored style is sold (like crotch rockets as Fender suggested), or maybe he got a second seat in case he changes his mind about having passengers.

S

simmi

Yeah extra room burns more fuel for better fuel efficiency extra rooms are removed.