under skirt

vroombaby

I have no idea if that is the name of it or not but to the point at hand. This morning I ended up scrapping mine up a tad at the bank. How long do they usually last for?

AWOL

I might be completely wrong, and I might be thinking of the wrong part, but I think that is what that part of the car is designed for. I think it is supposed to protect the undercarriage by hanging a bit lower than the bottom of the car. I think they are supposed to last as long as the car. It's just an educated guess, though.

vroombaby

It is needed to protect it of course, but after so many scraps and dings, it has to be replaced, right? I have never known anyone to replace it but I would think after so long it should. Lately we keep stopping at places that have largest parking "stops" (in the parking lot) and the higher they get, the more damage on the car if you pull in too close. :(

Lamboguy

Are you talking about the plastic piece under the car in the front? I hit something with the first car I bought and that piece would hang down almost to the ground on an already low to the ground sports car. I got stuck trying to back up in the winter time with the snow. It was a pain, but I was a kid and didn't want to pay to fix it.

FenderBender

I don't think I have ever replaced one. I have bumped things occasionally but never so bad that it was hanging. I wouldn't worry too much unless it starts to hamper r ability to drive the car.

SpeedyG

It is supposed to take scrapes and dings, as it is meant to protect the motor and other mechanical parts. I wouldn't worry about it until it becomes loose and causes a problem.

Alexus

I hate scrpaing them, and whenever I've had one, it didn't really last very long. It cracked and broke off. I don't really understand the point of having one.