Using an Ipod in the car

Lamboguy

I bought this little device a long time ago that plugs into my Ipod to use it in the car. The way it works is that you have three radio stations to pick from and use to get the reception or something. The problem is that it's never clear and they never give good radio stations that stay with good sound. Is there anything else on the market that is better quality than that thing I bought to use the Ipod now?

MaximumSpeed

If your iPod has a headphone jack, you can get an FM transmitter that will allow you to choose from twenty or so stations to send it to. I picked mine up at Walmart, but I'm not sure they still sell them. If they do, it's in the automotive section where the car radios are.

Lamboguy

That's the exact device I was just describing in my post. I was looking for something more reliable and maybe a newer technology. Those devices you just mentioned don't play back clear for me. Most of the time it's horrible reception.

Hotrod25

Well I can't answer this but I can say you taught me something. I thought you plugged your iPod into something in the car and listened to the songs that you already had on the iPod. I didn't know you could get other stations.

Lindsey

I wonder if you need a power booster to boost the signal strength of stations where you are located. At one time I commuted to work to a small town that was right on the fringe of good reception. I had a power booster installed and immediately, the reception improved.

Alexus

I have one of those devices, too, where you have to be on a certain radio station to hear your iPod. It works pretty well for me, though.

Lamboguy

Well I can't answer this but I can say you taught me something. I thought you plugged your iPod into something in the car and listened to the songs that you already had on the iPod. I didn't know you could get other stations.
Well, it depends on the car Hotrod. I use to lease a brand new Altima and it came with an auxillery outlet where you can plug the Ipod in and it plays totally clear. But I drive and older model now so it doesn't have that outlet. I don't know guys. That device just doesn't work well for me.

Bentley

I'm right there with you hotrod25. The only ones that I ever knew of was plugging your iPod into the car and then play the songs on your iPod through the speakers. I hadn't realized about getting radio stations! Very interesting information.

vroombaby

We just use our phones with Spotify and somehow it works, got me. The husband set it up so I know how to turn it on and work it but I have no idea how it actually "works".

Lamboguy

I'm right there with you hotrod25. The only ones that I ever knew of was plugging your iPod into the car and then play the songs on your iPod through the speakers. I hadn't realized about getting radio stations! Very interesting information.
So you both have the auxillery outlet on your dash then? I don't see how else it would work, because that's the only way you can just plug it right in and it will work when you change the mode to "Aux" with the buttons.

cal_83

I bought this little device a long time ago that plugs into my Ipod to use it in the car. The way it works is that you have three radio stations to pick from and use to get the reception or something. The problem is that it's never clear and they never give good radio stations that stay with good sound. Is there anything else on the market that is better quality than that thing I bought to use the Ipod now?
Probably the best thing to do is get a stereo with an auxiliary output jack. My wife has one on her car and it works really well. You don't have to worry about finding the correct radio station or static that causes interference. You can find inexpensive ones online (ebay or amazon), but they do cost more than the device you're talking about. Might be worth investing some money into.