Video games in the car

Donald

Has anyone ever tried to connect video games to a TV in their car? I don't have a TV in my car, but I love video games. I could see that being a great way to spend time as a passenger on a long road trip.

vroombaby

No, the closest we have is our youngest who plays a DSi int he auto during long road trips. We require a headset is used but even then sometimes it still gets loud. :)

Hotrod25

Nope, not for us either. We let our kids watch movies, play on the computer, or play their handheld games but only on long car trips. I'm not sure if you could set up a gaming system in the car.

Donald

Hotrod25, I'm pretty sure it would be possible to install a gaming system in your car. It would probably be more difficult than a standard TV and DVD setup though. Thankfully hand held games have come a long way too, but I still think having an advanced gaming system in a car would be really cool. Hopefully in the future this will become more common.

FenderBender

We used to have a PS2 portable with a monitor attached but we don't have it anymore. We did not actually use it as much as you would think.

MaximumSpeed

My son played GameCube games in the car when he had a mobile monitor (they are sold for GameCubes; we got ours on eBay). I'm not sure if the TVs that are installed in vehicles have the inputs for gaming systems.

Alexus

I've never done that, but we do sometimes take a portable DVD player and watch movies. Or even a laptop, and the kids might play videos on it.

Gomera

No, sorry, I sure have not tried this. My car is not what you would call modern. I doubt such a thing would be possible in it. Good luck!

AWOL

More and more portable DVD systems are coming with the right AV hook up that can accommodate game systems. I was in the market last Christmas for the kids, but they were a little more than I wanted to spend at the time. I'd be interested in seeing if they've come down in price any, or if more DVD players offer the connections now.

RacecaR

I don't have a tv in my car. None of those newfangled gadgets for me - well, except that GPS, but it was something my mother decided I needed last Christmas.

Sweet16

Sometimes I've wished we had something like that in the car, but I guess my brother's DS annoys me enough; I don't need more things to irritate me during a trip!

I never tried that, but what will be the reason to install a video game in car, it can be a risky thing to do, as the concentration should be on driving, and we cant afford to have an accident just because of a video game.

Last edited: