Warming the car up

Hotrod25

Tis the season to get up earlier in the morning. Yes, to warm up the car before driving to work. Its been really cold in the morning so she (car) needs a little extra warm up time.

RoseRed

Oh I remember those days. I'd run out in my pajamas to start the car and let it warm up while I took a quick shower.

I don't miss having to do that.

classicjuju

That's what I like about having a remote car starter. No running out in the Arctic temperatures that sometimes we get in the winter. One click and my car is already warm when I get in, instead of having to go back out a couple of times.

Naptime

I work from home now so I don't have to worry about running out early in the morning. If I go anywhere it isn't until early afternoon and by then it has been sufficiently warm outside to warm up my car. I don't miss it that is for sure.

vroombaby

I am really thinking about getting a remote started for both of ours, or at least mine. This morning was horrible but I ended up waiting. Compared to other people I caught going into the school dropping their kids off most still had fogged up windows. How do you even drive like that?

smash

I want a remote car starter! I have to go warm my car up in the morning too. What is worse is when it's nasty out and I have to trek out in the snow at work to start the car. It's about a 300 feet hike to the car to start it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Live in Florida and you do not have to worry about warming the car up. However I did have remote start to cool the car down when I was younger.

Hotrod25

Living in Florida would mean dealing with crazy snowbird drivers. I will gladly brave the cold any day to start my car. I am thinking of getting a car starter too. I would just have to remember to leave the heater on hot!

RoseRed

Yes, but we only deal with crazy snowbird drivers half the year. The rest of the time they are back up north with you guys! ;)

A car starter would be invaluable up north.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Living in Florida would mean dealing with crazy snowbird drivers. I will gladly brave the cold any day to start my car. I am thinking of getting a car starter too. I would just have to remember to leave the heater on hot!
I remember when I first started driving. I went through a neighborhood and one of the streets had a small patch of ice no more then 2'x3' or so. They had cones out around it and were warning people by standing on the sidewalk and yelling at them about the ice.

Otto Von

I really want to get a remote starter installed on my car. I hear they don't cost too much, and I think it could be a great investment for me. There is nothing worse, than being cold & having to get into an even colder vehicle!