Watch for dear!

sharky

Watch for deer!

I just wanted to remind everyone to watch for deer. I have already seen tons of them standing by the road. This is the time to remember to drive defensively in case one of them decides to run out in the road.

Last edited:

Dodge Doll

I'll add bear to that list, if you don't mind, I saw one this morning on my drive home from work. In a densely populated areas of suburbia surrounded by interconnected greenspace, that's a huge worry; there's cougar and bobcat warnings out, too.

It doesn't matter if it has 4 legs or 2, it's still a pedestrian, right?

Wini

Great advice. The other night I was driving in a very woodsy, isolated area and almost hit the strangest animal I've yet to almost hit - an owl. It was in the middle of the road and it was a shock to see it there. Fortunately it flew away in time but I couldn't help but think if it had been a larger animal I wouldn't have been able to stop in time, and I was going the speed limit.

chillen

My spouse almost hit one coming back from work one evening while driving my car. Coming around a bend on a back old country road and out came a deer off the top of a small cliff. It fully cleared the hood of our car.

Wini

My spouse almost hit one coming back from work one evening while driving my car. Coming around a bend on a back old country road and out came a deer off the top of a small cliff. It fully cleared the hood of our car.
That sounds scary!

I just heard that my friend's mom hit a cow on her way home from work one morning. Her car is trashed now and she has some injuries.