Who is getting a new car?

Taylor

Okay -- Santa is coming. He's bound to be leaving someone a new car in the olde stocking. Who's going to admit getting a new ride this Christmas? I'm not, but one year, I actually did get a new, fully paid for automobile for Christmas. It was fun answering that question that one wonderful season.

No one is getting any vehicles for Christmas in this family, although I have always wanted to be able to buy one for someone and park it in the driveway with one of those giant red bows on top. Maybe in 2013 or 2014, when we have some other debt taken care of, we can buy a second vehicle for the family and I can still sneak that red bow in on it. ;)

Taylor

New car for Christmas

When I was in high school, the last bell rang, and everyone headed out to the parking lot. There, right in the middle of the path to the lot, parked where no one could miss it, was a shiny, black new sports car with a gigantic red bow on top of it. The kid finally came out and got all excited. Everyone else had gathered around, of course, to see whose car it was. Mostly, they were just jealous. I thought it was showing off a bit too much. A red bow on a new car at home is great. In front of my school, it's not so cool.

Donnie

Usually someone in our family does get a new car around Christmas time. This year, everyone either had one or is putting it off until the new models come out. What can I say? We have a lot of car enthusiasts in the family. I wish I had more of the money some of them spend on new vehicles. That's for sure.