Who rides back?

vroombaby

We talked about this years ago in getting another bike since we have both rode before but normally I would be the one on the back. I never might, I mean, _____es do right back, right? My issue is trying to talk him into riding and me driving? Do we have any ladie riders here, how do your SO's feel about it?

Donald

I think it's funny how men are so sensitive to riding in the back, but I don't think it's something that's going to change anytime soon. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but it is more fun to drive. I would suggest trying to save up for two bikes if that's possible for you, then you could both drive your own bike.

Craig

I can understand his hesitancy. If I do get a bike I will let my girl drive it, but I'm not riding back while she's driving.

Vroooom_1972

In my house, my husband is not interested in riding whatsoever. I am hinting at a bike for my next birthday. I think he is just scared for me since he doesn't like it when he is not in control.

MaximumSpeed

I think it's largely a control thing, but also a perception thing. It's always been the accepted way to ride to have the man driving and the woman as passenger, and it will probably stay that way.

vroombaby

We are still debating the bike deal, by then some of the kids will be older and we do not want to get one and just watch it in the driveway sit there and be neglected. Maybe by the time they are teens?

Fanbelt

I would suggest trying to save up for two bikes if that's possible for you, then you could both drive your own bike.
Good suggestion. You can both drive your own bike and even race with each other to prove how drives better and faster. :) Anyway, I have no issue riding in the back myself.