Why Is Toyota Still So Popular

Lindsey

I'm really surprised that Toyota still has the market share that it does, considering all the recalls and problems they've had over the past year. I have never owned one and I highly doubt that I'd ever buy one, but obviously they have some very loyal owners.

MaximumSpeed

I've had Toyotas several times over the years, and it used to be they were high quality and built to last. The recent year or so is not enough (yet) to overcome a lifetime (literally) of good quality. I do hope they improve their QA so there won't be so many issues in coming years.

Alexus

Toyota may have had it's issues, but it is still a great car. They perform well, and go very long without needing repairs. They are easy to drive, and are comfortable to ride in.

Lindsey

They must be doing something right because my son who reviews everything in depth before he buys, just went out and bought a used Toyota Yaris. He says they have great gas mileage and outstanding reviews.

vroombaby

The only person I know who has had a Toyota had it for years and she always took great care of it, I mean she would document anytime something changed on it down to a blinker. Other than normal wear and tear she never had issues, I think shes been one of the lucky ones.

Lamboguy

I've owned only one Toyota in my life and it was a little sports car called an MR2. It was cool to drive, but it did have a lot of problems. I don't even know what the popular Toyota's are now other than the Camry. What are the other top selling ones? They still make the Celica?

RoadWarrior

Toyotas are so popular because, for the past kazillion years or so, they've been one of the top vehicle manufacturers, if not THE number one car producer. Toyota has made millions and millions of safe, quality, long-lasting, economical vehicles, so one or two bad years is barely going to put a dent in Toyotas reputation.

Retread

I've never driven a Toyota, so I'm sure I don't know why it's remained a popular automobile. I probably will never buy one, so whoever does buy them is a different type of consumer than I am.

bjstorm

Both my brother and my sister each bought a used Toyota Yaris this year. My brother is a real fanatic about checking safety ratings and he felt this was one of the safest cars out there. So I guess Toyota must have a good overall rating among consumers, otherwise I know he would not have bought one.

Skippy

It is true, Toyota has a high safety rating (even with the recall) and they have made high quality products for a long time. Everyone has a mistake every now and then. Toyota's are also relatively inexpensive. They have a good reputation and I think they have definitely earned it.

Retread

I admit I have a better feeling about Japan when it comes to cars and other products after their devastating tsunami. Those folks deserve a break if anyone does.