Why Would You Want a Harley?

minyoung

Tell me, why would you want a Harley? I mean, really? I get this impression that Harley is a cool thing to impress girls. It's some kind of stereo-typing that goes on in my mind.

Because of that, I don't see why devoted husbands would want a Harley and remain devoted for very long.

Byker

Harleys are great bikes - the best bikes! Hondas and Kawasakis are good bikes, but Harleys are top of the line. Forget impressing women, though my gal is as much a Harley gal as I am a Harley guy.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
People buy them for all sorts of reasons, band name, reputation, features, etc. It is sort of like why buy a Ford rather then a Kia. They both do the same thing, have four doors, four tires, an engine and get you from point a to point b.

minyoung

Right :) You see, brands and looks evoke a certain kind of stereo-type. Harley definitely conveys a macho image for the man. The sexy lady that rides behind is also seen as someone with great taste. This is marketing, folks.

Honda or Kawasaki conveys a sporty image, which is also cool.

Bridey

For me the question is, why wouldn't you want a Harley? :) I know they are often associated with men having a mid life crisis but to me this just reflects taste. They are the coolest brand name because they look good and have the performance record to match.

MustangSally

That's right, Bridley! Compared to cars, having a Harley is like having a Lincoln. It's not so much the image as it is the fact that it's THE BEST in my book. I have to admit, though, I do like Hondas, too.

Guy

I always thought of Harley as the Cadillac of the motorcyle world. Also, they are made in the USA. I think that has appeal for some Harley owners.

minyoung

I think a Harley (with its classic size and shape) is, in our general consciousness, a descendant of the muscular, fast and shapely horses 200 years ago. Being on one is like being a gun-totting macho hero with cowboy hat and boots once again.

terri

Oh my, I saw this topic and just had to reply. My husband dreams of owning a Harley one day. He isn`t trying to look cool or attract women. He just loves those bikes. To him there is no better bike than a Harley. he loves to go to the bike shows too.

Hotrod25

My dad has always owned a Harley. He is not trying to impress women. He thinks Harleys are the best bike. Its just his preference! He can afford the best so why not get it.

RoseRed

Harleys have a certain macho feel and image to them that appeal to many men. I personally like Hondas myself, but then I'm not a guy, much less macho.

Donnie

Why buy a Harley?

It's about having all that power between your knees, don't you know? Seriously, I love the thrill of a motor revving up and the vibrations that go through my entire body.

ICU2

It's about having all that power between your knees, don't you know? Seriously, I love the thrill of a motor revving up and the vibrations that go through my entire body.
And the more power the better right? :smile: Seriously, Harley's have always been known for their power and that's the main draw to most motorbike riders. I don't own a bike, but if I did, it would be a Harley.

Vroom Vroom

Well, I'm a female so I'm not trying to pick up chicks. I want one because of their reputation and performance. If I have a choice between a Kia and a Mercedes, I will pick the Mercedes. Same way with a bike.

Marcus

I wouldn't want a Harley. I think they're way overpriced and very expensive to fix. I don't even think the quality is all that great. When I buy a bike, it'll be a Yamaha or a Honda.

Born2Ride

We have owned several different motorcycles over the years. I have to say that our Harley has always given us the best performance and has needed the least amount of work. They are the best!

Calvin

Guys have always loved their toys. They also want the best toys. You can't get better than Harley. It doesn't matter if it's a car, a plane, a boat or a bike -- guys like having the best to prove they have arrived.

S

simonjames

Hurley quailty

Main reason to want a Hurley is brand name, reputation, features, etc. It is a powerful bike with powerful cc engine. I think that is the main reason Hurley attract people.