Windshield Cracks

HANG

I was driving today and a rock smashed into my windshield! It was crazy. I thought it was a bullet fired at my window it was so loud and frightening. I don't know how I should go about taking care of this... I know from experience that if not taken care of for a while, these can break the whole windshield. Should I file a claim? And they just inject something into it right? What is it that they inject and how does it work to fix the crack?

Dodge Doll

It's a special type of glue that bonds with glass... and no, it's not crazy glue.

A lot of time, that spot treatment is less than $100, and less than the deductible. But as the windshield IS an integral part of the vehicles' safety system, I urge you to address it.

Wini

I have a crack in the windshield on one of my cars as a result of a rock launched in the air by a truck. I know I need to get it fixed but money's tight so I guess I just have to wait.

sharky

It depends on your insurance company and the crack. My insurance company will cover stars to be repaired at a shop, but they will not replace a windshield for a crack. I learned that the hard way.

HANG

I have a crack in the windshield on one of my cars as a result of a rock launched in the air by a truck. I know I need to get it fixed but money's tight so I guess I just have to wait.
You really need to address it ASAP. That crack will get bigger, and eventually the whole windshield will crack on you. You should call your insurance.

Thanks for the tips by the way. I called USAA earlier and they are sending someone to my work to inject it for me. Great company!

chillen

There are tons of companies out there who push the glue idea and it does work but their rates are insane. I have yet to find a good company that has a decent price with their magic glue.