Witnessed an accident

FenderBender

Yesterday I was running errands when I witnessed a car run a red light and get sideswiped by a truck coming through the green light. The people driving the car that ran the red were in their 80's and are in critical condition in the hospital. Do you think that there is a certain age where it is unsafe to drive?

isis1

I think it all depends on how good of a driver the elder person is. My mom is 74 and is a great driver. I hope those two people you mentioned are ok. I also think that there should be stricter laws about renewing drivers licenses for people over 65.

Donnie

An eighty-year-old can drive just as well as the teenager who rammed me in the back when I was fully stopped with my left signal on to turn into my driveway as soon as the traffic ahead of me went by. This kid was trying to find a station on his radio and not looking at what was in front of him. Give me the experienced driver.

FenderBender

Donnie, I think there are problems on both ends of the age spectrum where driving is an issue. I was just rear ended recently by a young kid who was too busy petting his dog that was running around free while he ate his burrito from Taco Bell and talked on the phone. I do hear about a lot of older people getting in accidents though.