Would you be prepared?

Naptime

With millions on the East coast still without power it made me wonder how many of us would be prepared for a power outage that could span a week or longer? I generally have at least 1 case of water on hand and a fully stocked pantry. We also have a small propane cook stove that we use for camping that we could cook with and plenty of blankets if we had to go without in the wintertime. I think we could last but could you?

Wildman

We have a kerosene heater to use in the house, and enough food and water to last over a week. If we needed to purify water, we could do it on the gas grill outside. We keep it filled and on the ready. I've been without power for more than a week before and it wasn't fun but we survived.

Ben

We have had this happen at least four times in the last 15 years, so we don't take any hurricanes or snow storms lightly. We have a hurricane drawer and keep it stocked with flashlights and batteries. I also have a list of items we restock each season for our emergency supplies. The last time we were without power, it was for 8 days and 28 days without telephone service. You can never be too prepared.

vroombaby

We have a smaller generator but if it is anything major like a week long storm we would head to a family members house. They have a fireplace and it is the cozy spot that we have gathered at for years. The first time was about a week after they had moved in and everyone slept on the floor since they were still waiting for their delivery truck to show up.