Yard sale!

Naptime

Every year my town has a city wide rummage sale during a local fishing tournament. I am so excited this year because we are having a huge rummage sale to try to clean out the clutter from our house. I have spent all weekend getting ready for it as it starts this Friday. Last time we had one we made over $400! Do you have yard sales? What is the most you have ever made at one?

MaximumSpeed

That sounds like a huge production. Good idea, though. I hope you make a lot of money! I have only had a yard sale a couple times, and was disappointed even though I priced stuff to sell.

vroombaby

We tend to donate most of the year so having a ton of things to get rid of never really plagues us. Now we do love to yard sale shop if that counts for anything.

FenderBender

I am usually disappointed when I have yard sales too. That may be why I usually just stick to shopping them and not having them. I hope that you can clear out everything and make a lot of money in the process. Good luck to you!

harleydoll

I love going to yard sales! I've only had one yard sale, when I was a teenager, and I didn't make out too well. I'm also a fan of swap meets.

Naptime

It has not been a very good weekend, the weather has been really cold. I made $50 yesterday and I haven't made much today. I am thinking about packing it up so that I can enjoy the rest of my Saturday.

Vroom Vroom

I like to go to yard sales, but I don't think I would like the hassle of trying to set one up in my yard. A friend of mine has done a few on Saturday and Sunday and always complains how tired she is when the weekend is over.

Naptime

Vroom it was definitely tiring and I don't think I will be having another anytime soon! I was really glad when it was over. I made about $100 then donated what was leftover to the resale shop here in town that supports the women's shelter (Underground Railroad).

harleydoll

Good of you to donate the rest, Naptime! I'm glad you were able to make a little money. I know when one of my Aunt's used to have her yard-sale every year they made quite a bit as well.

CharlieBrown

My mom used to set them up all the time, and so does my mom-in-law. Personally, I'm not the type to sit out in the sun all day just to make $20. Then, after the sale, you gotta pack it all back up.

But now I love going to yard sales and garage sales and such.

A city-wide rummage sale sounds like so much fun! I myself haven't had a yard sale in years. I'm glad the practice isn't dead yet in spite of selling on eBay and the like.

Luanne

Yard sales

I love going to yard sales and estate sales. On the other hand, I hate to have one and usually would rather take my old things either to an auction or donate things to Goodwill that don't sell well at other places.