$1 million car!

fiat500

LOL, since it is Italian car, this news will make my husband ask me this question once again, "What kind of cars do Filipinos make?" Well, you wouldn't wanna know. :biggrinjester:

MomVan

Why on earth would you want a $1 million dollar car? What the heck is it made out of, gold and diamonds? I would be too scared that the thing would be stolen or that I would get in a wreck with it.

hotrodSteve

I was going to ask the same thing, MomVan. I can't imagine there being anything so special about a car that would justify it costing a million dollars. Does anyone know any details about the car?

Byker

I'd like to see that car. I can't imagine there being anything so extraordinary or spectacular about a car to make it worth that much money. Does anyone know what makes it cost that much?

lucky

LOL, since it is Italian car, this news will make my husband ask me this question once again, "What kind of cars do Filipinos make?" Well, you wouldn't wanna know. :biggrinjester:
I'm not sure I understand this. You mean Italian cars are built by Filipino technicians? Or are Italian cars assembled in the east? That would be interesting. In the meantime, I don't see a clear connection. Looking at the map Filipinos live way across the globe from Italy :)

TransAm

Whoa... nice car. It is expensive due to all the state-of-the-art materials (carbon-titanium structure, 'different composite and ballistic materials' for the fuel tank) and performance specs they put into it. Reading the article, I found this part interesting: '...The Huayra has been engineered and crash tested -- yes, some of these cars have been sacrificed already -- to meet safety standards on both continents...' Wow, what a shame!

LDriver

Why on earth would you want a $1 million dollar car? What the heck is it made out of, gold and diamonds? I would be too scared that the thing would be stolen or that I would get in a wreck with it.
This was exactly the same reaction I had when I first heard about how much luxury cars cost. I practically believed they were embedded with precious stones or that some parts were actually made from diamonds. :happy:

fiat500

I'm not sure I understand this. You mean Italian cars are built by Filipino technicians? Or are Italian cars assembled in the east? That would be interesting. In the meantime, I don't see a clear connection. Looking at the map Filipinos live way across the globe from Italy :)
Sorry for the ambiguity. My husband is Italian and we often discuss about cars. One time I told him that I never saw FIAT cars in Thailand or in the Philippines. So he asked me what kind of cars do we have in my country. I said, it's called "Hodge Podge" cars. The body is Mitsubishi, the engine is Suzuki, the wheel is Toyota, etc, etc..:happy: